LAST UPDATED JULY 1, 2020
Buying & Getting
How do I purchase an item(s) from ArtNewCo?
As you browse and shop the ArtNewCo website using a computer, tablet, or phone web browser, you will be able to view the individual Products on Product Pages. Each available Product will have an “Add to Cart” option (if the Add to Cart option is not provided then the item has been sold or removed from inventory and cannot be purchased). At any point after adding one or more items to the Cart you can go to My Cart and check out. You must complete the required buyer information and provide acceptable payment in order to complete the purchase and check out. There is no limit to the number of orders you can place in a day, so if you are spending a long time browsing the ArtNewCo store you may want to complete several purchases because after an item has been in your Cart for 45 minutes without purchase it will be released from its ‘reserve hold’ and placed back into the store – note that this is because each item is a one-of-a-kind unique item to ArtNewCo and we can’t deprive other customers from purchasing what they want by tying it up in another customer’s Cart for a long time. Once an item has been added to your Cart it is ‘locked’ there and cannot be purchased by anyone else unless you remove it from your Cart or exceed the Cart-hold time limit.
The item you see in the Product Images is always exactly the Product you will get when you place the order (we never use ‘stock photos’ – each photograph is of the specific item that is for sale and what you will get when you complete the purchase. Note that if there are any substantial difference between the descriptions and photographs and the product you receive you are entitled to a 100% refund to your method of purchase if completed under the terms of Store Refunds.
How long does an item stay in my cart (held on reserve) before it gets released back into the Store for any customer to purchase?
After an item has been in your Cart for 45 minutes without purchase it will be released from its ‘reserve hold’ and placed back into the store – note that this is because each item is a one-of-a-kind unique item to ArtNewCo and we can’t deprive other customers from purchasing what they want by tying it up in another customer’s Cart for a long time. Once an item has been added to your Cart it is ‘locked’ there and cannot be purchased by anyone else unless you remove it from your Cart or exceed the Cart-hold time limit. If an item has been released from you Cart because you removed it or exceeded the Cart hold time, you can always just add it back again if it is still available (you may need to view your web browsing history if you don’t remember what it was).
Can I reserve an item to hold it longer until I complete my purchase?
Please contact us as soon as possible if you think it may take longer than 45 minutes to complete the checkout for your items. We cannot guarantee an immediate response to you, but if you contact us using the website contact form or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or live chat or a phone call we can discuss the option to hold (reserve) and item for you for later same-day payment. We want to give you the first chance to buy the item you want before someone else does. Other options may be available for longer holds such as putting down a deposit amount – please contact us so we can work with you to best meets your needs and get you the art items you want.
What Methods of Payment can I use?
ArtNewCo accepts most major credit and debit cards with a US-based billing address. We also accept PayPal (??? Is this correct???). You can also pay using ArtNewCo Gift Cards and ArtNewCo Store Credit as a portion or up to the amount of your purchase. We cannot accept personal checks. You must pay each order in its entirety to complete the purchase and to be able to get your products. In certain cases if you are planning large purchases with multiple items we may be able to discuss additional payment options – if this is the case, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may be able to keep your items on hold (reserved for you) so that someone else does not buy them first.
Coupons, Sales/Discounts, Gift Cards, and Store Credit
If you have a valid Gift Card, Coupon, or Store Credit, apply it or enter the Code when you Check Out for a new purchase. Please note that a Store Credit or Refund may be provided to you in the form of a Gift Card. Any balances remaining on Gift Cards or Store Credit will be retained subject to any expiration dates of each. If you have multiple Store Credits we will always support you to use the oldest one first to avoid any expirations (contact us for any questions or issues/adjustments) – if you used the wrong one we can make Store Credit adjustments for you. Please note that Coupon Codes, Gift Cards or Store Credit cannot be applied retroactively (after a purchase has been completed); contact us in advance if you have any questions.
You must pay taxes if your item(s) is picked up or delivered in Ohio or delivered to a state where taxes are required.
If your business or organization is tax-exempt (for example, a not-profit or you are purchasing items for resale) you must provide ArtNewCo with a valid tax exemption certificate before completing your purchase or you will be charged sales tax. ArtNewCo cannot return sales tax (if needed you must request a refund from your State). If you have any questions about taxes please contact us in advance of purchase.
How do I get my products? Once you have checked out and purchased your items we will contact you (or you can also contact ArtNewCo) to arrange a convenient pickup time (or see below for other possibilities). In most cases you can get your art within 24-48 hours (and sometimes same-day).
Advance Purchase. All items must be paid in full prior to pickup. If you wish to discuss alternative payment methods (for example, Venmo or Zelle) just contact us. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept personal checks. ArtNewCo is required to collect sales tax from buyers in the State of Ohio and as required for any other jurisdictions. If you are exempt from paying sales tax you must let us know (and provide documentation) in advance of purchase. If you provide a blanket sales tax exemption we will keep that in your user account (but we do not store any payment information).
Free Local Pickup
- This is our preferred method for ensuring our customers get their special products in a safe, cost-effective, and timely manner.
- Local Pickup allows our customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs.
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with a Pickup Verification Receipt.
- Please contact ArtNewCo within 5 days of purchase to coordinate pickup.
- Please pick up purchased items within 10 days of purchase. After 15 days ArtNewCo will charge a daily per-item storage fee of $5 per item unless agreement or arrangements have been reached in advance. After 35 days without pickup or a mutual agreement, ArtNewCo may, at its sole discretion, put the item back into the Store for resale; in such case, buyer will be credited 50% of the purchase price back as store credit.
- Shipment may be arranged through recognized carriers chosen by ArtNewCo to provide the greatest value and convenience for our customers.
- Only pieces that we believe can be safely packed in a box for shipping are eligible. Contact us before buying if you have you have questions about shipping, packaging, and insurance costs, etc. In general, we prefer not to ship large products that have glass (such as framed art under glass) or are very fragile.
- Shipping charges start at $10, depending on size, weight, value and packaging. You must accept insurance for the value of the item.
- We do not ship outside the continental U.S.
- Items are typically delivered within 10 days of the purchase date.
- The Item(s) is delivered to you at your home (buyer or representative must be present)
- Other delivery locations may be arranged upon approval of ArtNewCo.
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 30 miles
- Shipping charges start at $50, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take 10 days or less